Avg. High Temperature 79.6 F, Avg. Low Temperature 46.7 F
Frequent rain showers are common in June but begin to taper off heading into July. Scattered thunderstorms are common and can blow in unexpectedly but may only be brief and the sun could be shining shortly after. Although July and August are warmer months, snow flurries have fallen during this time. July through August tend to be drier months and precipitation is much less frequent.
Weather Forecast for Jackson, Wyoming
Weather Forecast for West Yellowstone, Montana
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST
- Casual clothes: You don't need a lot, but do bring comfortable layered clothing. It can be hot during the day but quite cold at night.
- Appleseed Expeditions t-shirt for Service project
- Closed-toed walking shoes/sneakers with good grip for hikes
- Undergarments & socks
- Umbrella, poncho or rain jacket
- Windbreaker or other light jacket (We’re not in SC anymore)
- Clothes/swimwear that can get wet for rafting trip/water shoes
- Toiletries/ medications with proper labels
- Sunscreen: SPF 30 to 60 (a sunburn happens fast in dry air and high altitudes)
- Lotions and Lip ointment- at high elevations the sun/dry air will parch your skin
- Insect repellent
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- Spending money
- Ropes course
- Refillable water bottle
- Journal & pen
- Backpack or daypack for hiking
- Flashlight or headlamp
Trip cancellation insurance: The price of your trip does not include trip cancellation insurance. In the event of a cancellation, such traveler may lose a portion or all of their funds paid. It is strongly recommended that travelers purchase trip cancellation insurance to recover funds they may possibly lose due to a cancellation. Trip insurance is inexpensive and worth it if a traveler wants to protect their cost. One great place to check rates is www.travelinsurancecenter.com. You can use their "Policy Picker" to compare rates with several great companies.
DO NOT FORGET what you have read and agreed to below:
> I understand that while I am traveling I represent my home, school, and Appleseed Expeditions. My conduct, words, and attitude will always reflect that.
> I understand that I am expected to participate in all group activities.
> I understand that during free time travelers must be in groups of three or more and must be accompanied by an adult,if a minor.
> I understand that no traveler (minor or adult) may purchase, possess, consume or be under the influence of alcohol, tobacco products, or illegal drugs during our program.
> I understand that profanity may not be used at any time during the trip.
> I understand that males and females are not allowed in rooms of members of the opposite sex.
> I understand that casual dress and modest swimwear (if water activities are applicable) is expected.
> I understand that if I violate my school's standards, I may be sent home (at my own expense) by the joint decision of the school's leadership and the AE guide.
Regarding my ID, tickets:
- I will be responsible and not lose my ID or tickets.
- I will make a copy of my ID and keep it with me in a safe place.