I enjoy travel. Travel teaches. And I enjoy learning.
I enjoy teaching. That's why I encourage young people to always go somewhere whenever they can. Learn a new language. Eat a strange food. Observe strange customs. Make a new friend that looks nothing like you.
The links from this page show some of my ventures to China, Costa Rica, and Yellowstone National Park. I will also be adding Morocco, which can for now be seen under the IREX page.
Following are seven reasons (article by Sarah Hansen) that you should travel while you're young...
1. Traveling changes the way you relate to the world.
2. Traveling changes the way you relate to others.
3. Traveling humbles you enough to realize it's not all about you.
4. Traveling empowers you to take on new challenges.
5. Traveling gives you empathy for global suffering.
6. Traveling pushes your educational horizons.
7. We are never guaranteed old age, so enjoy life's experiences now!
“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”
― Mark Twain, Mark Twain: The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It